Thursday, May 13, 2010

Part 1 of 2

Sorry to have disappeared for a couple weeks there, but I've had a lot going on at work. The transfer over to Nufern is going well so far (I think). I really like my new boss and the company in general. It's sort of hard to know where to start. Actually, there is so much that I'm going to do a separate post about it. See Part 2 for the work update.

The cats are still doing very well, and everybody is getting along quite nicely. We've noticed that Sam is lazy, and a bit of a bully. Marlowe wants to play with everything all the time, and is fascinated by water (as long as it's not on him). I was planning on writing a post at one point about our recent adventures with Marlowe's diarrhea, but after some thought, I doubt anyone but me and the vet wants to hear about my cat's butt malfunction. So I'll skip to the end... he's on antibiotics and feeling much better now. Spencer is also doing well, for the most part. He was recently at the vet for what we have confirmed to be the beginnings of arthritis. He had been a little limpy when he woke up in the morning and after long naps, but he's medicated now and feeling better. All three of my boys are getting along pretty well now, and we're very happy that they've arrived at that point without drawing any blood! They're still not exactly snuggle buddies, but I think they'll get there.




A few posts ago, I mentioned Joe and Maria. Well, we all went to Maryland Sheep and Wool together (Scott too!), and had a fantastic day. I actually went both days- on Saturday I got all my shopping done solo, and then we all went together on Sunday. The heat was pretty intense, and frankly I think I preferred the rain of last year. You can escape the rain easily, but not so much the heat. We had a lot of fun though, and afterwards we went to Great Sage for a late lunch/early dinner. Scott and Joe are going on a long motorcycle trip next month, and I think Maria and I are going to have some sort of yarny adventure while they are gone. It will be awesome. I really like Joe and Maria. Joe and Scott share a willingness to beat old ladies to death with a bag of yarn, and disdain for the police. Maria and I share a hobby (knitting) and a healthy fear of sinkholes. It's really a lovely pairing.

Unfortunately, I have not gotten much knitting done lately. I'm still working on a baby blanket for my old boss... if keeping it in a bag in the closet can be considered "working on it." I got about half of a sock cuff done and that's it. I'm just so worn out from work that I don't want to do anything that requires more effort than lifting a bottle of beer to my mouth. It looks like things will calm down soon, so hopefully that will change.

Stay tuned for Part 2: How I Became an Alcoholic In Just 3 Weeks.

No comments: