Sunday, April 25, 2010

Another One of Life's Lessons

Always, always, ALWAYS wear gloves when spraying/applying bitter spray.

We caught the cats chewing on our laptop's AC adapter recently. I bought some Fooey! Ultra Bitter Spray, and holy shit- they don't mess around. I sprayed it on a cotton ball and wiped down all our electrical cords, then spritzed our houseplants just in case. I washed my hands afterward, cleaned the litter box, washed my hands again. Some time later, I stuck a finger in my mouth. Blech! Bitter! Figuring that perhaps the spray contained an oil that lingers, I washed my hands again- this time with dish soap. Tasted my finger again. Nope, still bitter. Ok, so I'll just be more careful about putting my fingers in my mouth. I'm an adult. I can manage that, right? Well sort of. It turns out that my oral fixation (I used to smoke) compels me to touch my mouth. A lot. Now the entire area around my mouth is bitter.

Fantastic.

Know what else is fantastic? It's allergy season and I have itchy eyes...

No comments: