Sunday, May 30, 2010

The baby blanket is done.


I finished it yesterday, and washed it, and took a picture, and now I just have to call my old boss so he can come pick it up. Knitting through the better part of four skeins of Homespun is almost enough to make a girl go crazy. Now that it's done, I can move on with my year of knitting for ME. I'm not sure what I'll knit first, but I'd like to finish my current pair of socks and maybe even work on the Bohus for a while.

As a reward for finishing, I bought a hank of Shalimar Zoe Sock in the Saffron colorway for some sunshiny socks. While I was at Eleganza, I also got a couple books on sale (Bag Style and a Noro booklet) and the new Early Fall Vogue Knitting. Hooray for surprise sales!

I think Marlowe's arse is feeling a little better. He's been eating a special Royal Canin wet food and Hill's Prescription dry food- both mixed with a bit of rice, and he's still getting the pro-biotic. This morning I noticed his poo was more poo-shaped than before, so that's progress. On a comical note: Scott left his check out for me to deposit Saturday morning, and when I went to grab it, I noticed that a certain stinky kitty left a little poo smear right over the written amount. I made a joke about the bank not accepting checks for "poo thousand dollars" and laughed at my clever little witticism all day. It almost makes up for how gross it is.

My allergies are getting a bit out of hand this year. Last year, I had to go to the eye doctor because my eyes were so jacked up. She gave me some ridiculously expensive eye drops and had me use a better contact lens solution. A few months ago, they switched me to daily disposable lenses (so there's no build-up) to see if that would help. The answer turned out to be no. Yesterday I started using the eye drops again, and I've been experimenting with different OTC allergy meds for my sneezing and sniffles. Claritin does nothing for me, Benadryl knocks me flat on my ass, but Zyrtec seems to hit a sweet spot. The full 10mg pill still makes me a little sleepy, but a friend suggested taking just half so that's what I'm trying now. Ugh, it's almost enough to make me want to run back to Illinois- where I never had seasonal allergies.

It will be so nice to have the extra day off tomorrow. Plus all next week my coworker will be on vacation. I hope the week will be as quiet and productive as I think. But by "quiet" I mean free from her incessant questions, her annoying cell phone ringtones, and her frequent loud phone conversations- not necessarily literally devoid of any noise. I plan on blasting metal as loud as I can get away with while I work.

Ok, I've had enough computer time for now. I need to go knit something.

No comments: