Saturday, January 9, 2010

Off To A Good Start

Well, mostly. Last night's cookies, while tasty, just don't look too great. I don't know what it is, but my cookies always come out super thin. I follow the Nestle Tollhouse recipe on the chocolate chip bag, and I think I'm doing everything right, but they always look like this:


Notice that this cookie is approximately half the height of the chocolate chips inside it. Pathetic. So if anyone out there has the secret to making thicker cookies, please TELL ME. I'm dying here.

I did make it to the knitting meet-up this morning, and enjoyed seeing everyone. But note to self: stick to decaf. My delicious cafe mocha made me twitchy for at least 5 hours after it had been consumed. Hell, I'm still a little jittery, 7 hours later.

After knitting, I went for a haircut! It was 21 months since my last trim, and back then my hair was pixie short. I kept meaning to get it trimmed, but loved how long it was getting. Unfortunately going so long without a trim made it look like crap- all dead ends and super uneven. So I swung by the Hair Cuttery near my house, where I was told it would be a 15-20 minute wait. Noticing that all the chairs were full, I figured it would probably end up being 30-40 min. Psshht. I should be so lucky. I wound up waiting a full hour and a half before they called me. Sure, there were only 2 walk-ins ahead of me, but there were at least 4 more people that had appointments, which the woman failed to mention. Boo. I stuck it out because I didn't really have anywhere to be, and assumed it would take just as long if I started from scratch somewhere else. Next time I'll make an appointment (I did really like the woman who cut my hair).


Back at home, I was watering the plants and realized it's been one whole year since I planted my little pine tree. It hasn't grown very much, and I'm not sure why, but at least it's still alive. It's only four inches tall, but maybe it will be up to eight inches by this time next year.


Now I'm off to continue to be productive! I'm feeling a bit saucy... maybe I'll bust out my bohus sweater!

No comments: