Friday, January 8, 2010

2010. Blargh.

Me and 2010 didn't get off to a great start. Nothing super tragic happened, it's just a vague feeling of malaise and some little things piling up. Like the Jeep. We brought it to the dealer, but they have no idea what went wrong. They said it could have been ice in the wheel messing with the sensors, but I don't really believe that.

Then there's the realization that a billing snafu that's been irritating us for months was due to my own ass-faced mistake. Nothing like having to eat crow!

Then there's the cat I saw near the highway. He was just sitting there in the grass, watching the cars go by. I assumed he was just a stray and didn't think much of it. But I saw him again the next day in the same area but about 10 feet down the road, and curled up like he was sleeping. Only I was pretty sure he wasn't sleeping. The poor thing had probably been hit by a car and couldn't go anywhere (keep in mind that it has been near or below freezing outside for the past several days). I called the humane society, and they sent someone out just in case, but it was too late. That poor cat froze to death. I know it's not really my fault, but I've felt really terrible ever since. If I'd called the day before, that cat might still be alive.

Then there's also a personal issue that I don't really want to get into on the innerwebs, but I will say that it's the sort of issue that injects a lot of depression and doubt into one's life. Incidentally, this issue is also the reason I haven't been blogging much the past few months- whiny, sad blogs aren't much fun to follow. Or write. So anywho, all these things rolled together did not make for a happy Amanda. This needs to change.

Say goodbye to Sad Amanda. She sorta sucks. Happy Amanda is going to take her place. Happy Amanda is not going to dwell on the things she can't change. Happy Amanda is going to make a real attempt at being slightly more productive with her days. Happy Amanda is not going to worry about the Jeep for the next 2 years and 9 months because if anything else goes wrong, the warranty will cover it. And most importantly, Happy Amanda is gonna knit the shit outta some good yarn, and make herself something nice!

I had a good start yesterday. I dismantled all of our Christmas stuff and cleaned the house in one evening. Very productive! And tonight I am going to bake cookies. Productive, and tasty! Starting tomorrow, I am going to start going to the Saturday morning knitting meet-ups. I usually don't go only because I am too lazy to get up before 9 on a weekend. But Happy Amanda is going to try to be less lazy.

The one great thing about this year so far was the big annual sale at Eleganza. It was awesome to see everyone, and I had a great time at the coffee shop afterwards. I'm super excited to try out the Kumara... it's soooo soft!



Well I guess I better get to bakin' if I want to get to bed at a reasonable time!

No comments: