Monday, November 2, 2009

Sick Day

Last night a wave of ickiness hit me at about 8pm, and by the time my alarm went off this morning, it was still there. So I called in sick, took a loooong shower, and made a quick trip to Giant to get some cider and blueberry muffins- which I am eating right now (warm cider can cure anything). And little Spencer has been doing his best to comfort me by sitting on me as much as possible.

As much as I loathe feeling like crap, I could use the extra knitting time. I've been doing a lot of thinking about what I knit, and who I knit for, and have come to some conclusions. I've been knitting since 2000, but admittedly I didn't really get going until 2005. In the past four years I have knit the following for myself: a few dishrags, one scarf, one short-sleeved top, one sweater, three pairs of socks, a shawl, a hat, and few other small items (trinket-type bags/cozies/etc.). I think the ratio of items knit for myself to items knit for others is something like 1:3, which sort of bums me out. So this is my plan- I am doing Christmas knitting this year. Small things only- no sweaters! And then that's it. 2010 will be the year of knitting for me (and Scott- he gets neglected knit-wise).

So I've been really cracking down and working on the knit goods. So far I'm on schedule (about halfway done) and this feels infinitely better than the last time I tried Christmas knitting- which ended with IOUs and some people getting shafted a bit. Those that got shafted last time are getting priority this year. Kids will also get a small gift card, which is what we usually send them, because I don't want to be the crazy aunt that sends Ralphie a pink bunny suit. Unfortunately, since some of the knitting recipients read this blog, that means that there won't be many knit-related posts in the next month or so. Or if there are, they will be super vague, and definitely no pictures.

That's all for now, I should get back to knitting. Wish me luck- I might need it!

No comments: