Sunday, March 7, 2010

Early Birthday Awesomeness

Scott has to work on my actual birthday, so we celebrated today! We started with what is becoming a tradition: a breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast, all cooked by Scott. Yum! Then we got all cleaned up and headed out. I had initially wanted to go hiking, but all the melting snow would make that a rather muddy endeavor. Scott suggested walking around downtown, which sounded equally as fun. So we parked near Eleganza, and walked over to Market St. We stopped by Edgeworks Knife & Supply, where we picked up a fancy-pants knife for a friend's wedding gift. Scott also bought me a new pocket knife- it's a Benchmade Mini-Presidio Ultra, and it has already tasted my blood (being a clod and a knife lover is a troublesome combination). I sense yet another tradition in the making: weaponry for my birthday!


The weather was perfect for wandering around! We slowly made our way back to the car, stopping for a drink along the way, and peeking into different shops as we passed. Once back in the lot next to the yarn store, Scott convinced me that it would be silly not to stop in- it was, after all, my birthday. I picked up the Spring Knitscene, and four hanks of Tabali, a cotton/viscose blend.


As we got back to the car, Scott said "Let's stop by Petsmart and just go look at the cats there." He had recently decided that he would be okay with getting a kitten, and I couldn't be more stoked. I didn't really see the point in looking at the cats at Petsmart, because the cats in that little glass room are just sort of on display... But I think Scott knew what I did not- there was a kitten adoption event today! We walked over, and saw three crates with 6 kittens total. 5 of them were brothers, and super cute! The lady there was very heplful, and let me hold them. When she mentioned that they were brothers, I heard Scott ask about whether it would be better to adopt two, so they could stay together. Of course the woman thought that was great, and before I knew it I was filling out an adoption application! For TWO KITTENS! Squee! It was hard to choose which two; they were all so cute and sweet. Scott really liked a little black and white one, and I really liked an orange and white one. So that's what we got! We had the option to take the black one home today (the orange kitty is scheduled for his neuter tomorrow), but felt bad seperating them. Plus we have no cat supplies yet! So instead, I will pick them up at Petsmart next Sunday (my actual birthday!), and I can hardly wait.

We didn't get any pictures, but I found them both on Petfinder: Wyatt and Cassidy. Finding a kitten named Cassidy was a funny coincidence! I don't know how long their pages will stay up since they've been adopted, but you can be sure that this blog will be filthy with kitten pictures next Sunday. As for Spencer, we're hopefull that he'll get along with his new little brothers. At least the kittens are being raised in a foster home with two big labs, so they're used to dogs. Now we just need to load up on kitten supplies, and make a vet appointment. Yay, kittens!

I think that maybe, just maybe, this birthday was even more awesome than last year. Thanks husband, for being so super. I heart you.

No comments: