Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hair: Fixed!

Yesterday I called desperately for an appointment to get my hair fixed, but each place I called said they were booked. Okay, so maybe I only called two places... but when one salon screws up your hair, you tend to get a little persnickety about who you want to fix it. Anyhoo, the second salon I called, O'Hair Salon & Spa, had a slot open today.


Having to wait another day to fix the atrocity upon my head was tough, but I managed to pull through. Besides, I had a good feeling about this place. They have a decent website, and are located in the Kentlands- a not too shitty part of town. When I got there I filled out a little form and the receptionist gave me a little tour, ending at the salon. The woman who did my hair, Stacey, was super nice. And she reaffirmed my belief that the haircut I was given on Monday was clearly meant for a soccer mom. Long story short, she snipped away and this is what I left with:




Nice and short! Just like I wanted. And Stacey says it's total bullshit that I can't have short hair just because it's fine. I like Stacey. She knows what I want to hear.

I also left with a couple of new products to try out: a thickening serum and a pomade. I am so stoked. The only downside of having short hair is that I have to go back every 5 weeks or so for a trim (before I would just chop off a few inches every six months). The big question is whether or not I'll still love it a month from now. I bet I will.

No comments: