Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Little Window Into the Mind of Amanda

I am essentially a child that likes heavy metal and swears a lot, and can drive. It's actually one of my more rational reasons for not wanting to have kids- they'd probably turn into me. Except that they'd have some Scott in them too, so they'd be slightly more entitled and a lot more vocal. Me without a filter.

I am self-absorbed and self-serving. If it doesn't involve me, I tend to lose interest. I whine when I don't get my way, and also when I'm tired. I fight bedtime tooth and nail. I am often unable to express myself beyond stating simple emotions.

My job is almost exactly like school was for me. I go because I feel like I have to, it's not nearly as bad as I make it out to be, and I pretty much just show up and do what they tell me to do. I roll my eyes at my boss a lot when he's not looking.

I eat like most 6 year olds: lots of fruit, sugary cereals, Spaghettios, and candy. I consider an apple, some cheese and crackers to be a meal. I love strawberry Nesquik. Breakfast for dinner makes me a happy girl. When nobody is looking, I draw a mustard face on my hot dog, and pretend I'm eating a little man in a bun.

I watch a lot of cartoons, from Spongebob to Metalocalypse and everything in between except anime. I never liked anime. I laugh when anything makes a farty noise, whether it's the dog or a ketchup bottle. I make butt jokes. I have coloring books hidden in my desk at work. Going to the local Michaels for anything knit-related is risky, because the yarn aisle is right next to the Crayola/kids stuff. You have no idea how hard it is for me to resist scented markers (I might have some in my desk, next to the coloring books). Friendship bracelets are the shit.

I eschew responsibility. I still confuse left and right. I jump up on the counters to get things off of high shelves. I get really excited about snow days. I make "vrooom" noises when I drive. I often miss the big picture. I am very prone to flights of fancy. I'm extremely lazy, and probably the only person on Earth who can still manage to watch too much TV without having cable/TV service.

I guess that's all I have to say. Just thought I'd put that out there.

1 comment:

naginata said...

Funny that sounds a lot like our house. Just add in the 5 year old that still thinks we are funny and a crazy neurotic cat named Seymore and you've got our house!
I think a lot of us got fooled into believing that at some point we'd be GROWN UP. I call bullshit since I'm closing in on 40 and I still pretty much just want to eat ice cream for breakfast and read books til way too late at night. ;)