Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Adventures in the Crack House

Ever since we moved in, the drain in my bathroom had been slow- anything more than a trickle from the faucet would fill up the sink pretty quickly. Knowing what sort of people the previous occupants were, I was hesitant to do much about it. I mean, there could be anything in there: baggies full of crack, used condoms, a dead fetus... who knows? I poured some Drano down there, but that didn't help. There was only one way to fix it. I had to find whatever was clogging up the drain, and pull it out.

The hardware store has these disposable plastic sticks, with little barbs on them. You shove them in the drain, and they pull out all sorts of gross shit. I usually use them to pull my hair out of the shower drain, and I figured it would work in this situation too. So I got one, stuck it in and apprehensively pulled it back out. Do you know what came out? Fucking Scotch tape. Of course. You may remember from previous posts that the idiots who lived here before had some sort of Scotch tape fetish. We found it on walls, under cabinets, on light fixtures, on windows, everywhere. Anyway, who the hell puts tape down a sink drain?! You'd really have to work to get a wad of tape down a drain. Seriously. What the hell is wrong with people?

In any case, it was yet another shining example of Why You Shouldn't Do Drugs. Sometimes I'm so perplexed by the fuckwads that lived here that I have urges to drive down to the county jail and ask the guy (one of several renters) just what went on in this place. But that's probably not the best idea.

No comments: